Thermostatic shower valave temperature control broken off

Dear all

Any chance any body can point me in the right direction with a problem with a thermostatic shower valve?

I have a power shower with thermostatic valave (the type hidden in the wall with a faceplate). The temperature setting knob has been tight for a while and today it came off in my hand as I tried to turn it.

The cog which I presume needs to turn on the valve is stuck and I can't seem to free it. I have taken a socket set to the hexagonal nut which the cog is attached to but am nervous of taking the whole thing out. (Plumbing not my speciality).

I can't find any instructions on the web for my valve (Serie from Bathstore.com) and am a bit stuck - is this an easy fix? (the valve has been tiled in the wall so don't want to have to break the tiles unless absolutely necessary) Or is this a plumber job?

Any help gratefully apreciated.

Justin Basini

Reply to
Justin Basini