Lidl Thermostatic Shower

Would this be O.K ? for gravity fed water from loft tank ??

Reply to
Leveled

What? A picture might help, please.

Reply to
BigWallop

Same answer as for the person who asked if it will work with a combi... There's not enough information on their website -- you will have to see what it claims on the box and/or in the instructions.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Someone suggested thet it needs more pressure to work well, but I'd be interested in other opinions too.

Reply to
Rob Morley

No. It looks very like a Screwfix one I fitted some time ago. Water feed tank is about 2m above shower head. Gravity fed was useless. Had to fit pump. I think it unlikely that any thermostatic shower valve would be much good in the same situation.

Reply to
OldBill

Aqualisa make - or made - one that would be ok with a 2m head. But 22mm pipes to feed it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can't comment on this particular make of shower, but I challenge the generality that no thermostatic valve would be any good with 2m head or less. I have a Mira Excel thermostatic shower with around 1.4m head (shower head to bottom of tank, so actual head is a bit more that this) and it is fine. It was passable on 1.1M head, but I took the opportunity to raise the water tank when the bottom rusted out of the old one :-)

Pumps add cost, use more water, use more energy, introduce another point of failure, and can be noisy. So best avoided if you can get away with it.

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

I'd concede that a high end shower valve like yours specifically designed for use on gravity system may perform ok. But at what cost? Actually I have used one like that when visiting friends and it didn't exactly give what I would call an invigorating shower i.e. volume but no pressure. These bar type thermo valves have too much resistance and need at least

1 bar for decent flow.
Reply to
OldBill