Thermostatic shower recommend please

Anyone got advice of which thermostatic shower is any good (i.e. good value for money)? I have a direct HW system and want a built-in shower, as I have a cupboard beside the shower enclosure, where I can put the mixer.

TIA, Peter

Reply to
Peter

Just bought one from Homebase for £90 ( on one of their 10% off days ). I think it's called the montana or montreal or somesuch. It's a chromed thermostatic bar mixer shower, and I can't beat the VFM anywhere else. B&Q sells a virtually identical shower for £149.99, the only difference being a slightly better quality showerhead rail.

The catch is that it has adapters to go from 1/2" pipe ( 15mm ) to its

3/4" ( 22mm ) connectors. That meant I had to rip tiles off my bathroom wall to sink the existing pipes back further into the brickwork ( not an easy task ); lucky I had some spare tiles. For a new installation this should not trouble you.

BTW it needs at least 1 metre head on the HW I think, and a minimum HW temperature of 60C.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Homebase "Montreal" chromed thermostatic bar shower mixer. £99.99 unless you buy on a 10% off day, when it's even cheaper. Beware though that it has 22mm feeds, so you'll probably need to use the 15 to 22mm adapters provided. That means it sticks out of the wall, so you have to recess the pipes further back. I found this out the hard way, had to cut into the brick wall.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece