Thermostatic Radiator Valves

Is it okay to fit a TRV horizontally at the bottom inlet of a radiator

The packaging says it's okay to do so if the valve is fitted to the to inlet. The normal orientation for this valve is vertically in the botto inlet.

Can the lockshield valve also be fitted horizontally in the botto outlet?

Thanks for any hel

-- chopsaw

Reply to
chopsaw

Can't see it makes any difference. I've got two fitted horizontally to bottom edge (outlet in my case) from a radiator. Make sure the flow direction through the valve matches the arrow on the valve body, although I think most are bidirectional nowadays.

Yes if it has interchangable connections (often they don't).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
[snip]

TRVs

Most of mine aren't (10 years old). A couple of newer ones are.

Reply to
<me9

Different manufacturers might have different installation requirements of course, but at least newer Danfoss TRVs can be mounted either way, in both flow directions :

Is it okay to fit a TRV horizontally at the bottom inlet of a radiator?

Reply to
hansen

They are (in theory), but when I recently got one set of rad connections back to front, I found having the TRV on the drain side resulted in it "whistling" and hissing a bit. (This was a Pegler Terrier II IIRC). So had to swap it over since it was a bedroom radiator.

Reply to
John Rumm