Unusual radiator plumbing qn.

I am intstalling a long radiatior under a long window. The window will have a venetian blind, so curtains will not be necessary - except that I want to hang a narrow, floor-length curtain (permanently drawn open) at each end of the window, just for looks. Unfortunately, this would cover a TRV if fitted, so I envisage running the 15mm pipe from the radiator horizontally for about 15", then have a TRV at the end of that pipe. Then below the TRV, the pipe will run directly downwards through the floorboards.

Question 1: Will a normal TRV do for this purpose - or should I try to find a thermostatic valve that is designed to be fitted in-line (couldn't find such a valve at B.E.S.)

Question 2: Pipes from radiators usually run downwards, and so most valves are designed with the inlet or outlet pointing downwards. Does anyone know where I can buy one with an inlet/oulet running parallel to the floor? (I couldn't find one at B.E.S.)

Thank you

Frank

Reply to
Frank Z

But how would you fit a standard TRV inline? They are designed for one end to go on the radiator.

What you need is an inline TRV, e.g. Screwfix 15000.

Reply to
Grunff

Presumably by using a suitable adapter/reducer, it could be fitted to a 15mm pipe rather than directly to the rad, no?

I had a look at that item - thanks. I couldn't tell from the pic if it is a normal trv but with a horizontal-facing inlet rather than a downward-pointiong one - or if it is a thermostatic valve designed to be fitted some distance from a rad, on a horizontal pipe.

Thanks for the help.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Z

It's a thermostatic valve with 15mm in and 15mm out - exactly what you need.

Reply to
Grunff

....... Drayton TRV 4 will allow standard 15mm connection at both ends.

Reply to
biscuit