Reply to
ARW

Needs a good kicking IMHO.

Reply to
ARW

You would be the last to be offended.

Reply to
ARW

I wonder if mixing in a little olive oil would make the potato last longer and, perhaps, make it more attractive to the meeces.

Reply to
PeterC

I think it's likely, all the dogs we've ever had will chase and catch mice as well as rats. These dogs include a mixed-up labrador lookalike, a collie-alsatian cross (he looked like a huge collie!), a large munsterlander (look it up) and currently two Labradors. The labradors are least likely to actually chase mice or rats but the cats encourage them!

Reply to
Chris Green

Enough about T i m. How to train the dog?

Reply to
Richard

Seems like a possible episode for Masterchef.

Reply to
Richard

:-)

No word of a lie.

I was working in a secure mental health unit last week. This is the sort of place where you have to carry a panic alarm call button with you.

When I was in the staff room the staff were discussing the shock alarm collars they had bought for their dogs FFS.

I was attacked once when working there. This was by an old one legged lady in a wheelchair.

Now if you did not already know I have a long suffering girlfriend and when I told her about it she said "Why did you not just get hold of the wheelchair and whizz her around the room until she was sick?"

Do you see why I love her?

Reply to
ARW

Good to see can think outside the box. :)

Reply to
Richard

The staff can give their dogs electric shocks but are shit scared of their clients/users/customers/inmates? What are they called these days that is PC/fashionable?

Actually that was not a bad place to work. You needed to escorted on the next ward I worked in.

Reply to
ARW

Just remember to be nice to the staff in places like that. You never know if you'll be a customer one day. ;)

Reply to
Richard

The staff should be nice to the customers on the same basis :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

God made them high and lowly, But the rich takes Amex card

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

As they manage to eat all of it, I rather doubt that. I suspect the problem is that, being a soft material, the peanut butter does not transmit the nibbling action to the trigger wire. OTOH, a small block of chocolate is solid and does.

Reply to
nightjar

The only thing that offends me is political correctness.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The original version is better:

The rich man in his castle, The poor man at his gate, God made them high and lowly, And ordered their estate.

Reply to
Max Demian

Yes, the Empire on High Street. Every mining village had a cinema. In Bentley it was the Coliseum, known as the Coller. I used to go to the matinees to see Roy Rogers but one week a kid took an air rifle in and shot the bloke who was reading out the lucky ticket prize. They stopped the matinees for a while after that. No sense of humour.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

My Great Grandad died at Bentley Colliery.

Reply to
ARW

Blimey. I'm glad the kids have calmed down from those days. Maybe smartphones have some good effect after all.

Reply to
pamela

I notice you haven't included chocolate in your test.

Seems to work well for us.

Reply to
Terry Casey