Thank you, UK D-I-Yers

On 01/12/2019 11:11, ARW wrote:

Good to see can think outside the box. :)
On 01/12/2019 11:35, Richard wrote:

The staff can give their dogs electric shocks but are shit scared of their clients/users/customers/inmates? What are they called these days that is PC/fashionable?
Actually that was not a bad place to work. You needed to escorted on the next ward I worked in.
--

Adam

On 01/12/2019 11:59, ARW wrote:

Just remember to be nice to the staff in places like that. You never know if you'll be a customer one day. ;)
On Sunday, 1 December 2019 12:15:40 UTC, Richard wrote:

The staff should be nice to the customers on the same basis :-)
Owain

Those buggers.

Presumably that’s where they keep the ones with rabies.

Now that's not good.

On Monday, 2 December 2019 21:34:35 UTC, pamela wrote:

we should attach them to MPs and when they blie we shock them.

I think it's likely, all the dogs we've ever had will chase and catch mice as well as rats. These dogs include a mixed-up labrador lookalike, a collie-alsatian cross (he looked like a huge collie!), a large munsterlander (look it up) and currently two Labradors. The labradors are least likely to actually chase mice or rats but the cats encourage them!
--
Chris Green
·

My parents recommended margarine.
--
Max Demian

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

Marlon Brando preferred butter.
On 30 Nov 2019 15:04:16 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Have to be a big trap to catch him!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 30/11/2019 15:04, Bob Eager wrote:

Yorkshire lads use lard:-)
--
Adam

On 30/11/2019 18:52, ARW wrote:

A rich girl uses Vaseline A poor girl uses lard...
--
Max Demian

On Saturday, 30 November 2019 23:02:36 UTC, Max Demian wrote:

God made them high and lowly, But the rich takes Amex card
Owain
On 01/12/2019 13:58, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

The original version is better:
The rich man in his castle, The poor man at his gate, God made them high and lowly, And ordered their estate.
--
Max Demian

On 30/11/2019 18:52, ARW wrote:

Nay we don't waste good lard. Just run yer finger under the van's engine. Mind you any lass that's dry once she's seen yer dick has got summat wrong with her so best get rid.
Incidentally one of my dad's sayings was, "There's more ways to kill a cat than choking it with lard."
Bill
On 30/11/2019 15:04, Bob Eager wrote:

My mam wanted to see that film. My dad said it was mucky and anyway it was banned in Doncaster. We found out it wasn't banned in Barnsley so I took my mam in the van to Goldthorpe to see it.
Bill
On 01/12/2019 02:15, Bill Wright wrote:

Goldthorpe had a cinema?
I no longer use it as a route to work but the last time I worked there the sign had been changed from Goldthorpe to Got Hope and I bought a rather nice fruit machine from some bloke in a crap apartment.
--
Adam

On 01/12/2019 04:59, ARW wrote:

Yes, the Empire on High Street. Every mining village had a cinema. In Bentley it was the Coliseum, known as the Coller. I used to go to the matinees to see Roy Rogers but one week a kid took an air rifle in and shot the bloke who was reading out the lucky ticket prize. They stopped the matinees for a while after that. No sense of humour.
Bill
On 01/12/2019 18:43, Bill Wright wrote:

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/34123
My Great Grandad died at Bentley Colliery.
--
Adam