Thank you, UK D-I-Yers

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

Good tip.

Nice that he has bled all over the polling card, too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better IME.

Reply to
nightjar
<snip>

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout for such things.

If you want to see a rat killing machine, search for terrier and rat on Youtube. ;-(

Cats are pointless. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

My parents recommended margarine.

Reply to
Max Demian

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Have to be a big trap to catch him!

Reply to
PeterC

Nothing wrong with a bit of pussy even if she is a dog.

Reply to
ARW

Yorkshire lads use lard:-)

Reply to
ARW

I simply dont have any in the house anywhere.

I think I even chucked the vegetasble suet as being inedible

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For me peanut butter works well. If the mouse is not springing the trap then perhaps too much bait is being used.

Little balls of cooked mashed potato work better but these tend to dry out within a day at which point they become less effective.

I note that on one of the TV reality programs about catching rats the trick was to bait a nail (with peanut butter) a couple of inches up the wall and put the trap on the floor beneath.

Reply to
alan_m

A rich girl uses Vaseline A poor girl uses lard...

Reply to
Max Demian

Them's mice not rats. I know terriers do rats but they bother with mice?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Peanut butter isn't bad but it goes rancid. Nutella on the other hand just dries and slowly at that remaining effective bait for weeks.

And the breakfast table? Along with the poo and when they are alive they leak piss all the time to leave a trail.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sorry, I didn't look.

I can't see why not?

Ours got hold of a pigeon the other day and goes mental when he sees a fox (or cat). He seems to think grey squirrels are good for a laugh ... and crows.

He also doesn't seem to like anyone within 10m of the car, or house, or us, even if they are on a motorcycle ...

But he was a rescue and we have no idea what he did for the ~5 years (vets estimate) before we got him (unchipped).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You've lowered the tone yet again Adam.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I wonder what the vegan attitude to pest control is?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

My mam wanted to see that film. My dad said it was mucky and anyway it was banned in Doncaster. We found out it wasn't banned in Barnsley so I took my mam in the van to Goldthorpe to see it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Nay we don't waste good lard. Just run yer finger under the van's engine. Mind you any lass that's dry once she's seen yer dick has got summat wrong with her so best get rid.

Incidentally one of my dad's sayings was, "There's more ways to kill a cat than choking it with lard."

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Makes me wonder if I'm a man or a mouse.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Goldthorpe had a cinema?

I no longer use it as a route to work but the last time I worked there the sign had been changed from Goldthorpe to Got Hope and I bought a rather nice fruit machine from some bloke in a crap apartment.

Reply to
ARW