Temporary shower mixer question..

I realise this is a bit of a strange question, my S-i-l has a rental property with a bath but no shower mixer, ie just two separate bath taps and would like a shower but isn't allowed to change the taps. Normally one of those rubber things would do but these are strange shaped taps...

Now, what I was wondering...these taps have aerators that unscrew - anyone seen anything that would screw into the taps that I could then fabricate into some sort of adapter that I could screw a shower hose into?

Combi boiler so balanced H&C mains pressure water.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Lidl on 3/10/11 have Tap Aerators Set includes M22 and M24 aerator nozzles and seals

I don't know if that gives you the thread sizes, or parts for cannibalising.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Can't see why there would be a problem with changing the taps to one with a built-in mixer valve: it would be a straight like-for-like swap and the original taps could be replaced at the end of the tenancy with no detriment at all.

My concern (which extends to your original plan too) would be that the walls/bath etc are not properly sealed and set up for a shower, and that there would be leakage - S-I-L would undeniably be responsible for the damage.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Nor can I, tbh, I suspect she's got hold of the wrong end of a stick which has the landlord on the other end loudly saying, "I'm not paying for it"...

Good point, though the walls are tiled and the bath appears to be sealed to them, so unless there have been problems in the past it seems strange not to have provided a shower.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

it nearly, but not quite, fits right. Loads of joy as it sprays the crotch, shoulders, face, customer.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sounds like an ordinary garden hose attachment from a pound shop would do the job ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

I would change the taps to one with a shower outlet. Is it not a human right to be able to take a shower? :) It's a doddle and a mixer can be picked up very cheaply... Ultra do some nice ones that are a good price. At the end if the tenancy she can offer to leave them for the next tenant or just pit the old one's back. I would charge about £75 for this plus mixer at say £60 so that's a figure to have in mind. It's better to beg for forgiveness that ask for permission :) YouTube want to silicone the shower rail/bracket to the tiles rather than plug'n'screw, that way you can remove it all without evidence.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

That's pretty much what I said to her, but knowing what she's like it'll take weeks for her to make a decision! ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee