Teak strip.

Need some teak - quite small, finished size 13.5 x 9mm. About 6 metres. A quick Google only finds somewhere that will machine it exactly to size, and pretty expensive. Anywhere that would do something close in size by mail order - or near enough to pick up from SW London? I don't mind a bit of planing. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you need real teak? I've got some iroko aka "poor man's teak" that I could machine down for you. max length would be a bit under 4'/1.2m I'm near Southampton.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Does it have to be real teak? Best bet is look up local cabinet maker(s) and ask them where they go to get supplies. I know of one place in Manchester (name escapes me) and one in Boroughbridge - neither are close to you. But London must have several importers.

One of my neighbours is a cabinet maker.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I'm not sure. It has to be a good match to real teak veneer. I need four each of 0.8 and 0.5 mtr lengths (leaving some spare for trimming) for the actual job. To give a stronger edge than veneering the ply.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you look here

and scan back and forth for a few pictures, the drawer fronts are iroko and the drawer sides are beech. The door fronts are oak for comparison. Both drawer fronts and doors have had a coat or two of clear varnish but the beech is bare.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Try boat builders.