Any old iron?

Am I missing something? seems a pretty regular occurrence here sometimes announced by some weird squawks on a trumpet/vuvuzela thing.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Have they only just moved in? They sounded English!!!!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Not seen quite that sort of thing on this street before.

I'm old enough to remember horse drawn R&B collections.

Reply to
Graham.

...picking up unwanted music

NT

Reply to
meow2222

These collectors may appear to be a good idea. However, it leads to more of them coming to the area, They start snooping on your property - especially if you are having any work done. Whilst they will take most things, stupp like the plastic parts and concrete balast weigths in washing machines will get fly tipped. Someone in your area will be putting up with the mess they leave.

Please don't encourage them! We get about 3 a day past our house.

Some people totally misunderstand that they only want metal and start leaving all sorts of other stuff out - expecting the fairies to take it away - or believing it might "do good" for someone.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Seems fairly common in Manchester although they seem to use a recording made on an Edison wax cylinder played back through a modern power amp!

"We are in your area collecting old fridges etc etc. "

Reply to
Martin Brown