Taps

We have bathroom suites called Ideal Standard Ravenna fitted nearly 5 years ago. The taps are 1/4 turn ceramic disc, and there do not appear to be any retaining screws on these taps to enable removal of the tops and thereby gain access to the tap cartridge.

They are difficult to describe but look a bit like the alien spaceship in "Alien" but in stainless steel insead of alien steel. Do I just insert a screw driver into the very narrow gap between the bit of the tap that moves and the bit that doesn't, and twist gently in order to get off the tap top? In this gap is situated the red and blue disc for hot and cold indication.

I think it is time they all had a bit of a service and clean up.

Any help most welcome. John In limine sapientiae

Reply to
John Edgar

This soulds like "if it ain't broke don't mess" should be applied here. The taps sound expensive .........

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Do you have the little coloured plastic indicator for H or C?

If so, you may find that prising it out reveals an allen key hole.

It might not, but my memory is not that long :))

Reply to
EricP

You're right, but I hate not knowing what to do. I have found that gently prying off the top with a wide bladed screwdriver does the trick and reveals the tap cartridge.

Thanks for replies. John In limine sapientiae

Reply to
John Edgar

I just inserted a wide bladed screwdriver into the bit between the moving and stationary parts and hey presto, the top comes off revealing the tap cartridge.

Simple John In limine sapientiae

Reply to
John Edgar