SWD success!

A few days ago I contacted the local water board about Surface Water Discharge fees (my place has soakaways) and today received the following standard letter:

"We are satisfied that none of the surface water from your property drains into a public sewer and you therefore qualify for a rebate from 1 April 2008. Unfortunately I am unable to send you a revised bill for the period 1 April 2008 to 15 August 2008 as metered charges has been raised from 16 August 2008. Therefore, I have credited your account with an amount of £8.26 in respect of the surface water drainage charges for the above mentioned period. You will receive the amended bills within the next seven days. You do not have to apply again next year and the charge will not be included in your future bills. Wastewater standing charges for waste (foul) water and highway drainage only will be shown.

"If you are paying your water services charges by instalments, there will not be an immediate change to the amount you pay. We will make the adjustment when your next payment scheme is calculated.

"It has been necessary to cancel the invoices dated 17 February 2009 to

8 August 2013 in order to apply the rebate. I have issued a new invoice dated 7 February 2014. The new invoice covers the period up to 29 January 2014 but includes the total of your payments made up to 7 February 2014 so it shows a credit balance of £118.21. I have arranged for a refund of £118.21 to be credited back to the bank account from which we collect Direct Debit payments. This will appear in your account within the next five working days. "

If anyone hasn't heard of the problem with SWD charges just do a little googling; from my experience it seems like an easy win. Now, what drill shall I buy myself with the rebate? ;-)

Reply to
blank