Surveying ceiling damage for court case

Nothing apart from the hearing date.

That's interesting.

I have phoned 10 of them. They all refuse to get involved when they know the adrress they are being sent to. 2 builders ditto.

A firm in Southampton will do it but nearly four hundred quid!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

That's what I'm hoping, but I have had a couple of lost cases in the past, thrown out for daft reasons. One was where we had a written contract with the customer's signature. The smallest print on the document was 12 point. The price was immediately before his signature and was in 20 point bold.

Defendant said "I didn't know what I was signing". Judge threw it out.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Are you sure this is the hearing date and not a date for directions? Phone the court and ask them what it is. It's no good getting all psyched up for a battle and the only thing the Judge does is to give directions as to how he wants it to go.

The expert witness will act for both parties in this issue (I'm assuming it's going on the small claims track), so it's in your opponents interests to have it done too!

I'm sorry you're having problems getting an expert but without one I can't see how you're going to proceed with your case. As I said earlier, for a much better explanation of what will/could happen, post to uk legal moderated. There are one or two lawyers on that group who will gladly assist you and, now it's moderated, you don't get any horseshit thrown at you like you used to do :)

HTH

Reply to
Meoww