Supplier and type of hinge for glass overlay doors?

I've taken out a chimney breast, ground floor only, had steels made and installed to support the existing load and have rebuilt a false chimney breast (out of studwork) around the steels to house a 50" plasma, a base unit for A/V components and a long alcove shelf above (to house DVDs).

I want to cover the DVD alcove with a long single pane of smoked glass (approx 1240mm wide by 250mm high), that hinges either up of down, with a dampened opening and closing motion, i.e controlled like a door- closer. The pane of glass would need to be larger than the alcove opening, forming an "overlay" door (I think that's what its called).

On the base unit I want to install 2 smoked glass doors (approx 620mm wide by 500mm high) and these would be hinged left and right, also as an overlay set up.

The basis of this is that I would like to not see the hinges and have the doors bigger than the openings so that I can match the overall width of the doors at the top with those at the bottom.

Can anyone advise me as to what type of hinges I would need and a supplier you might have used yourselves?

Many thanks, Dean.

Reply to
deano