Superglued lock

Anyone know of how to free a superglued lock on a car door please. TIA

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

is a super glue remover - not sure if it will clean up the inner workings but got to be worth a go compared to the cost of a new car lock.

Reply to
AJ

There are solvents for it (e.g. from Screwfix), but you may still need to remove the lock and soak in something like cellulose thinners to remove the remaining crud. Then it will need lubricating with a very light oil and some graphite in the keyhole.

After this, you may like to check in Yellow Pages for vetinarary equipment suppliers to obtain castration tongs to deal with the perpetrators.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Far too humanitarian. Two engineering bricks are the answer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But keep you thumbs from getting caught between them Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

What were you doing to get your lock superglued?

Reply to
IMM

He recommended a 'Kress' SDS drill to a neighbour after reading this group.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Apply heat from a blowlamp to the key until very hot ,preferably holding key with pliers then insert into lock and turn,has worked twice for me on cars and once in a yale lock.If the key has a rubber end you may loose that but a small price to pay

Reply to
Alex

Try acetone - often the active ingredient in nail varnish remover so that might do.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Living in Milton Keynes perhaps ?

Reply to
G&M

You mean some people outside of MK superglue the locks of people living in MK? My oh my. They are that jealous?

Reply to
IMM

But avoid breathing the (cyanide) fumes. Geo

Reply to
Geo

Death by firing squad if they did it to a BMW.

Reply to
StealthUK

I don't see how it's going to get to the inner workings of the lock

I would think that heating up the mechanism and burning it off would be the only way of getting rid of it, then disassemble and lubricate.

Reply to
raden

We're not talking about camels though,

angle grinder !!

Reply to
raden

In message , StealthUK writes

Seconded

Reply to
raden

Alex

Have you had THREE locks superglued!!!! - what did you do to deserve that?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

He probably parked in Milton Keynes........

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not if it was that stupid 4*4 X-thingy that I followed doing 10mph over some speedbumps today. I could have got out and superglued the idiot inside whilst walking alongside.

Reply to
G&M