chipped enamel

Help! I have chipped the enamel on our gas cooker. It's only a few millimetres but it stands out like a sore thumb. I need to disguise it before SWMBO comes home in a weeks time. It's on the side and as I said, very small, so I'm sure I can get away with it, but I don't know what to use. My first thought was ordinary gloss paint, but I don't think that will take the heat. I believe you can get paint for radiators, would that do? TIA.

Reply to
Ed Rear

Visit your local DIY store or a decorators shop and purchase a small pot of enamel paint.

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

A small 14ml tin of Humbrol Super Enamel is available in white gloss for about £1 from a model shop.

Reply to
Biggles

set aside to dry?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Biggles writes

Bloody hell. Used to be 9d. Mind you, an Airfix kit was 2 bob for the cheapest ones then, and you could go up West and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to
Peter Twydell