Suggestions for hoist remote control?

Was that noise coming directly as sound emitted from the hoist itself and which might be mitigated with cloaking insulation, or by transmission of vibration through its mount and which might benefit from various other approaches?

Thanks but Landy Defenders with bucks strapped to their hoods are rare to unknown around here in downtown Kensington.

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

It was mainly mechanical sound of not particularly precision made electric motor and gears which don't think it could be muffled that well., ISTR there was quite a clunk when powering on and off as well which I think was a solenoid operated safety brake or a relay or perhaps both.

Hasn't the news reached Kensington yet, Defenders for such a task are so Yesterday. Road legal quad bikes like these on this page

are the choice now. You can get further into the woods amongst the trees,Deer stalking is often a solitary pursuit, Landys are needed when carrying a group of fat sweaty city business men afraid to get their Wellingtons dirty to a pheasant shoot where they blast away at overweight and barely able to fly reared birds in their hundreds killing more than they can eat and then go back to their offices to tell colleagues what brave sportsmen they have been. It is a good way of transferring some monies from the Wan , sorry Bankers bonuses into the rural economy though.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

The brake solenoids are very loud but high frequency & easily blocked by a box. The motors are very noisy, both audibly and with vibration. Why I don' t know. Flexible mounting is necessary if you want passable sound levels. M

8 threaded rod sleeved with soft hose (car accessory shop) plus rubber wash ers at both ends, then penny washer & nylock nut does that job. A carpet li ned box round the whole thing helps, but it's still fairly noisy. Next time I'll tie glass jars of sand to the hoist before boxing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thanks for the comments. My device may get used for a couple of minutes just once or twice per month, and never unscheduled or in an emergency that would call for its use during non-social hours.

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

You can easily lift weights double that by use of pulleys. Or even quadruple or more providing you've got the patience

As you presumably already have a point immediately above the centre of the loft opening which can take the strain you simply attach a rope holding the first fixed pulley to that. You rope up loads on the landing climb the ladder, move the ladder to one side and pull up the load. It's years ago since I did this, using trial and error, and three pulleys, but nowadays there are probably plenty of web pages explaining the mechanics/physics of pulleys.

michael adams

michael adams

Has to be said.

Alternatively

newshound

Anthony R. Gold explained :

25Kg is probably not too heavy for one person to raise manually, using a rope over a single pulley. For heavier things, you can get small, cheap hand cranked winches.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

A bold statement to make when approaching 100% of new fixed lifting devices now use wireless remote control.

Reply to
The Other Mike