Broken remote control for Encon ceiling fan

Hi all

A few years ago I installed an Encon ceiling fan and an optional remote control kit which comprised a sensor mounted above the fan and a remote control. I have been happily using it without problems for a couple of years now.

The remote control died a while ago and I need a replacement. Well, I think it has broken as there are two pull cords on the ceiling light, when I pull them, either the lights should come on or the fan should start to rotate. What happens now is that the lights flash on for an instant, then go out. I assume this is because the remote sensor which is mounted above the light is not allowing power through as the last command it had from the remote(when it still worked) was to switch the power off.

The remote kit originally cost about £50 but I can't afford that sort of money now and, in any case, only need to replace the remote.

Does anyone know where I can get an encon ceiling fan remote control for a reasonable price? Or would it be possible to get a learning remote and get it to work with the fan by cycling through every signal it can produce?

Does anyone have an original remote I could use to teach a learning remote control?

Can't find the actual unit on the net but it's something like this

Haymish