Sealing a flue

I have just removed a gas fire from my living room and the precast flue is now defunct. How feasible/advisable would it be to completely seal the flue? I was thinking in terms of filling it with some sort of lightweight(?) concrete and then fitting a normal ridge tile in place of the ridge vent, the idea being to avoid the necessity of a vent grille in the living room.

Any ideas welcome -

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Is the flue on an outside wall? If so, vent it to the outside.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No - it's on a party wall :-(

Reply to
Frank Erskine

would venting the flue in an upstairs room do the job ?

Steve

The wild eye

Just leave it as a ventilation stack. It will help keep the sweaty sock/dog etc. aroma, and condensation down.

Reply to
<me9