Wood Burner - Flue Position in chimney?

Hi,

I have a working Wood Warm fire in my living room with a top mounted flue pipe, however it needs to be mounted about 3 centimetres forward so that the large doors ca fully open (they touch the wall before they are parallel to it). At present the flue is slightly towards the front of the chimney and if I move it 3cms forward it will almost touch the rear of the front brick. If I fit a rear flue, to get the 3cms movement, it will almost certainly touch the front of the rear brick!! Now for the questions:

Doe it matter where in the chimney void the flue is positioned? Which of the above options is preferred? For information, fitting a rear mounted flue and positioning the fire in the middle of the chimney would bring the fire too far into the room. Thanks

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

I don;t think it matters at all if you have a sealed flue-to chimney. Provided flow is not obnstrructed.

Strictly, the moment you move it, it comes under building regs and you ought to fully line the flue anyway :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, that sorts it, it stays as it is!!

Reply to