suggested construction please for slotted timber fenceposts

Hi all I am considering making a few 'H-section' timber fence posts, rather like the ones Jacksons do here:
<http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/pages/products/db_image.image ? ida14&width`0&height`0&croplse>
What would the team suggest would be the best construction to use for this (in terms of screwing or nailing, type of glue to use etc.)?
Thanks J^n
jkn wrote:

Can't see the image, just get a black rectangle.

Sawn treated timber, a D4 grade wood glue & screws, I'd use Turbogold. http://www.screwfix.com/search.do ;jsessionid=LZDHH2TDDFAI2CSTHZOSFFA?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search+wood+glue
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

try: http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/pages/products/timber_prod_range.aspx?tc1 &tc2
mark
mark wrote:

http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/pages/products/timber_prod_range.aspx?tc1 &tc2
Ta. Got it now.
I can see the benefits over slotted concrete posts, especially the installation, but the main reason people specify concrete is because they won't rot - although they do suffer frost damage.
Spose its a mid point between square timber & slotted concrete.
Just how good is pressure treated timber when buried in the ground?
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

My (potential) preference is for timber due to appearance, as well as ease of fitting (ie. weight).
One thought about building them this way is that the pressure treating is likely to be better in smaller section size wood.

Good question. See many past threads on this topic ...
J^n

Fit concrete ones and clad them in timber - leaving an air gap between the timber and the concrete. Fix them with screws to battens attached to the fence panels. Suitable wood can be ripped with a circular saw from 150mm tanalised gravel board, fit a post cap, slap on some exterior wood stain and they look just like chunky wood posts, except they don't rot.
8ft long concrete posts are relatively easy to fit, the weight is only a problem if you allow it to become one!

They claim they last as long as concrete - and talking to the local guy who installer ours he agreed. If you are in the folkestone area at any point they have an area at their factory up the road with all of their products on display - including some that are getting seriously old now (they've been there a fair while now!).
http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/pages/guarantees/guarantees.aspx has details of the 25 year guarantee they give:
"We are so confident in our Jakcure process that we back it with a 25 year guarantee against all wood-boring pests and all forms of wet and dry rot"
Remind me in 24 years time and I'll let you know how if that's bollocks :-)
Darren