Emulsion over crayon on wall?

Will it work?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

no. Use methylated spirits to dissolve the wax, then wash area with scrubby pad and fairy liquid prior to repainting

Reply to
Phil L

Not in my experience.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Fairy liquid will leave a residue that could cause problems - OP would be better off using sugar soap.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Ta both.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Yes, but you will see the crayon through the paint. Common sense time, are you really that thick you need to be told to clean the wall?

Reply to
Clive

Are you on your period? First you have a go at John Stumbles & now Mungo.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

JML Magic Erasers have taken the crayon off for us on a number of occasions.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Wax crayons are normally soluble in white spirit rather than meths. Comes off easily with a rag IME.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Everyone's a hero behind a keyboard.

There's a lot of crayon and I just wondered if modern paints would cover it. Ok?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Except 'clive' - the cowardly Tiscali Idiot previously posting as "James R" ...

Reply to
Adrian C

I was watching (not enthusiastically) an episode of 'How Clean Is Your House? with the skinny old cow and the fat old bint. I think they used hairspray.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

And a lighter? Appropriate for most of the holes they see to.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

ARWadsworth

Thanks, dear chap. Odd that it says to just repaint if it's on a painted wall though.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I thought that was odd as well.

I like the WD40 idea. Everybody has a tin of that somewhere in the house/car/garage.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I keep mine in the bedroom.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is that because your wife draws on the bedroom walls with crayons?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ah. So it really is a lubricant?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Don't you have Magic Erasers in England? They take it right off the walls and don't harm the paint.

Reply to
Dymphna