Stupid, useless, Toolstation

True, but at least you know they've (supposedly) got stock when you key it in, just before you set off to get it!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yes, they do, but when I last used it some time ago, it told you the time in the small-print, whereas most people would just see the confirmation of order and the reference number and not read the rest. They may have improved things since then though.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I tried to buy something online it said 'Order not valid'. A few days later I tried again - same thing and then again a week later. All different items. I contacted chat and was told that there was no problem with Toolstation and that the problem was mine to solve. Tough. By coincidence I had a similar (but different) problem at Screwfix, their response was "I am sorry to hear that, let me take that order for you now...." Amazingly different business cultures.

Reply to
Machinesteve

The problem is yours judging by the broken hub you are using to post.

Reply to
alan_m

Whenever I collect something from TS, they always look slightly confused, and then go and get the order. Well over 50% of the time, they get someone else's order. Screwfix never get it wrong.

In consequence, I am happy to pay the price difference and go to SF.

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

Doesn't happen for me. The last last tine I went to TS, I became the only car in the car park and the two staff were outside (one was smoking). I was asked my name (no nonsense about order numbers) and the items were brought out to me.

Reply to
charles

I have mainly used TS for delivery, and don't think I have ever had a problem. Occasionally they have something that SF does not, or a significantly better deal (I think the last was on ten broomsticks).

That said, since SF opened a branch nearby I tend to use that with click and collect.

Reply to
newshound

how many witches do you have living at home?

Reply to
charles

I use both (click and collect) regularly without problems.

Before the first lockdown SF had a type of Argos policy of ordering at the counter and then after a 10 to 20 minute wait someone else would pick the goods and bring them to the counter. Now if you go into a SF and order at the counter the person taking the order also picks the order.

Where I live SF and TS are in adjacent premises

Reply to
alan_m

You cannot say that as the two are completely different, yes its a crap portal on Usenet, but I have to say When I had issues with an on line vendor all but Apple had the useless response mentioned, but Apple did take my order over the phone and report the problem. It turned out in that case to be an invalid debit card stuck on the web site even though I had updated it, it, for some reason had not taken properly, with the result that the telephone chap could process it but the web site could not and as we all know when presented with an error which it is not programmed for the software just complains with a generic error. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It was actually the cheapest way to get some lengths of round rod with a diameter of ~ 30mm. To support sagging corrugations in Corroline roofing sheet. Half a broomstick spans the purlins nicely.

Reply to
newshound

I think it's mostly down to the particular store's manager though. Our nearest Toolstation is just about always quicker and more friendly than the Screwfix opposite. However I've not found it to be unviersally true that one s better than the other.

Reply to
Chris Green

So I ordered a generator online while they still showed 12 in stock. Waited well past the "next day" delivery, chasing each day. Five days later they ask "do you want to cancel or reorder?" Of course I said don't cancel. Next thing I get a refund from PayPal. Eventually get a sorry they haven't got the thing. I was a Toolstation customer all the years since they started, and Wickes since they were Sandell Smythe and Drayson - guess what?

Reply to
Ol Bear

So, why throw your toys out of the pram because they f***ed up just this once?

Reply to
GB

Does make you wonder, though. Ordered up x2 parts from CPC. Website said

48 in stock. One arrived. Other to follow in about 4 weeks.

Sounds like a vast amount of pilfering?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Presumably stuff can get put in the wrong bin. In which case they're not going to search every bin in the whole warehouse to find stuff.

bb

Reply to
billy bookcase