Screwfix now offer stock check, and reserve at branch?

Looks like Screwfix finally offer the ability to check stock at your local branch, and also to pay online and then collect 15 mins later from the store.

Finally!

Will still use toolstation as my first choice, but handy to have the option.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Useful to know Darren- Thanks

I got caught out by the toolstation ordering for branch collection however. Unless they have changed things, your order is treated like an online order for delivery to your address except they deliver it to the branch. It does not come from branch stock even if they have the goods there on the shelf. So it is not ready for a day or so. I went down within the hour to collect and could not have my goods. I had to buy a duplicate order over the counter and then after a debate, they agree to return my first order as unwanted the next day. took about 14 days to get my card refunded.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

With Toolstation, for items showing low stock at the branch (screws, consumables etc ) IME they sometimes can't find the stuff in any case - wrong items mixed together in the bins etc . As the branch is less than half an hour away I only ever pay over the counter, and then when the correct stuff is actually produced . If it turns out to be actually out of stock I can then try the Screwfix around the corner.

The other problem with Toolstation is that branch stock queries can only addressed to the branch nearest to your registered address. (or the one you choose when registering, I can't remember which) Unless I'm missing something.

michael adams

michael adams

Ah, I didn't mean that bit. What I normally do is check the stock (it only shows you your nearest branch which is annoying - I've got two accounts to sort that). If it looks in stock (it's only a "as of last night" figure annoyingly) then you add it to your basket. Once you have everything you want in your basket, you go to the checkout but do not pay, just click the "print this order" button.

The printout has a code on the top that when you take it to the store they enter into their computer and the entire order is brought up on the screen. Much quicker than them having to rekey it all (although a couple of times I've had to tell them that they can do this!).

The order and pay online at toolstation does indeed just use them as a delivery address - handy as I can pick it up on the way home from work and not have to worry about being around when the courier turns up.

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I used this service back in November to get some frame fixings. Maybe the service is being rolled out gradually across the country?

It was definitely November because I bought the frame fixings following the helpful replies to my question below - thanks.

?#3a418defa333164a

Reply to
Gareth