Stud wall to support storage above

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building a brewery in an industrial unit. As part of the build I want to put in an office and store room which I intend to build with plasterboard faced studwork with insulation.

To make the most of the ceiling heigh in the unit I want to use the roof of the office and store room for storage of ingredients and other supplies.

I have no worries about putting the studwork up but was wondering if someone could advise what size timber would be best and at what centres.

Cheers!

Reply to
Richard Conway

You need to know the likely load of what you are storing. There is no reason a timber call can't be load bearing, but it does need to be designed for the load in question.

Reply to
John Rumm