Re: O T uPVC Fascias and Soffits

In message , TheChief writes

Hi all > >I am considering getting the outside of the place tidied up with > the ubiquitous plastic make over. > >The fascia boards on the gable ends are solid and I am concerned > that if these are rived off, the boards above will be damaged. > Can anyone tell me the name of the asbestos(?) boards that > project from the roof about 8" at the gable end and support the > tile overhang and mortar infill?

I thought that was called *undertile* but Google doesn't seem to have heard of it.

I don't think it is asbestos cement as the stuff I used was quite soft.

It would seem a reasonable idea to cover rather than replace the > good timber to avoid collateral damage. > The boxing at the end > of the eaves is rotting and will certainly need removal. > >Any thoughts on mixing replacement with cladding appreciated. > >Thanks > >Phil
Reply to
Tim Lamb