Straw Poll "Are you satisfied with hot water from a combi boiler"

Struth!!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Exactly. This would require 10 degrees in and that is very optimistic in the winter.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Many have 10C in winter once the mains pipe is deep enough, which the main supply pipe usually is. Only the service legs to the house rise up to the lower earth temps. If in constant use the legs should be exhausted of cool water.

Mine is 18C coming in right now. I have a thermometer on the pipe.

I just read what you wrote above, which is a total load of crap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It should be. The ground is still warm from the summer.

In February/March it can easily be in the 5-8 degree range because the ground temperature will have fallen significantly through the winter. It works both ways.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Dribble you have one very seriously warped mind if you think that's what I implied.

Reply to
Matt

Lord Hall has been out with Phil Kyle.

Then why do you say "says who?" to him?

Tank-in-tank are. It just something anyone in the heating game knows.

Stop prattling crap.

Do you washing you dishes in the bathroom as well?

Like in the loft. The single biog box is the size of your cylinder.

You have no imagination.

It can't.

And the other fans. I am not in the Phil Kyle fan club you are president of.

You have made things up.

The Heatmaster does what it says on the box. You are jealous because you haven't got one.

It was.

Point it out.

He didn't ask about the budget of the build. Boy are you dumb at times.

I know. You just made it all up.

He chose the makers numbers which were highly comprehensive in complete table. This is not a fast sell B&Q product - it is high quality in design, performance and manufacture. Those who buy it will know their stuff and don't take too kindly to being misled. You don't mislead the commercial professionals, otherwise they don't come back. So, companies like ACV, Viessmann, etc are totally up front. They have the products that do what they say they do, they have no need to tell lies. Most of the Heatmaster range is aimed at the commercial sector. The Heatmaster 35kW originated in the commercial range and adapted for the domestic market.

How is your mussie these days?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Depends how deep the mains is, the deeper the warmer.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Of course that is what you implied. Weirdo!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The one that just gave me an all expenses paid holiday on a white sand beach under clear blue skies surrounded by more gadgets than I could use in a lifetime, with numerous dusky maidens attending to my every need 24 hours a day. There is a whole world beyond your council estate Drivel, but everyone including the HSE, Thames Water and Transco would prefer you stay put.

The future's bright the future's copper.

Reply to
Matt

IMM wrote

The products of the IMM imagination are really something! I suggest that when his IQ progresses to 2 he should sell!

LOL Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Most if they are American. 50-100 gallon storage units are commonplace. (and have a 10 year warranty!)

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I think you missed the decimal point off before the figure 2

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

And when precisely was your thermometer last calibrated?

What is the thermal conductivity of the pipe?

......and are you sure that is not the outlet temp from your shanty town water heater?

Reply to
Matt

Read the thread. The question was explicitly related to the assertion about the ACV Smart having the fastest recovery of any cylinder available, not about the technology used.

That's completely obvious as a result of the surface area for heat transfer. However, the question was about the specific product, not the technology.

Nope. The dishwasher is used for that.

That's a good one. I don't have a crane. Hacksaws are not that good for sawing through ceiling joists......

I specifically used the terms "usable space" and "efficient use of space" as opposed to the simple volumetric measure that you have used.

I've simply highlighted the shortcomings - an area where manufacturers tend to be economic with information. All the data is there - the issue is to look at all cases of operation and not just the best.

Of course. The question is whether that is true under all conditions of operation that can be encountered. Under less than optimum conditions, the performance drops markedly.

The point is that it is hardly a high quality customer reference.

... and like you, picked the best ones.

I am not disputing the design or the quality. I am simply pointing out that one needs to look at *all* of the data to determine how well it performs.

I am not saying that they are telling lies, simply that you and TGB are looking only at the best case conditions, ignoring what can easily happen under operational situations; that being distinctly worse.

Some of the market-speak is something of a stretch. The dimensions do not fit well with typical UK locations available for the box and it is far from being light weight as suggested in the brochure.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not quite. The deeper the less the rate of temperature change. Here we are talking about seasonal effects.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sorry. You're right!!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Now I know you're the same person. It says *380* litres per minute, you thick shit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is Mary a man?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If it was tank-in-tank it would be wouldn't it? You had never heard of tank-in-tank until you read it on this thread.

If it was tank-in-tank it would be wouldn't it?

In the bathroom?

They are.

An equivalent cylinder to deliver 380 litre in 10 mins would be 360-380, nearest 400 litres. That is "big", bigger than the ACV

You made things up.

Then what are you babbling on about?

No. he pasted the whole table.

Exactly, and are unable to interpret it.

Do you expect a solar winter to arrive any day now?

What locations are those? A kitchen? What a mentality.

Light enough to be manhandled by two or three men. Easy. The size is dictated by door widths to move into rooms.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

From about 2.5 to 3 metres down to approximately 100 metres, the ground temperature is uniform at about 10C, in the UK - there are exceptions.

Reply to