Where's the best & cheapest place to buy dynamite ?

Do a search on Limewire or similar. you can download the instruction to make your own! At your own risk

-- weekendwarrior

Reply to
weekendwarrior

This is a DIY group. Make your own f*cking dynamite.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Following the recent publicity why not try Acetone Peroxide? (Recipe easily found by Googling)

Reply to
John

Why'd you want dynamite for? Pardon me for stereotyping, but you're not from Islamic Asia and in possession of a ruck sack are you?

I've seen one DIY tip for making a bomb (not dynamite). It said you needed a rag, diesel, newspaper and the type of fertaliser which is likely to explode (loaded with nitrogen). Which, for obvious reasons, is apparently increasingly difficult to get hold off.

You have to empty some of the nitrogen in to the newspaper and then roll the newspaper up. Dip the rag in diesel and then put it in the end of the newspaper. You then have to light the rag and it then recommended "running like f**k" and not doing it in a "confined area" such as an "alley". Unless, of course, you wanted to blow it up.

Surprising how easy it is. This is of course simply observational quoting and for scientific use and reference only.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Dynamite is actually quite handy for many DIY tasks. From digging large holes (1m SDS drill, dynamite at bottom, job done), to removing stumps, removing slabs, ... You can even use it to join pipes with. (not plastic ones though).

Not to mention explosive forming, which is good for a number of tasks.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Erm..

No, it's not.

That, fortunately, has no chance of exploding.

Quote some more like that, it may help!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Erm...what?

Ordinary fertiliser is easy to come by and does have nitrogen in it, but the type which is supposed to be ideal for making explosives and loaded with nitrogen is now supposed to be harder to get hold. Which would sensible enough to me.

I would've stood corrected if you were observant enough to point out that it's actually the ammonium nitrate that is the key ingredient.

Get the right stuff and it's completely unstable. Take it you've got the right fertiliser and tried it yourself have you? If you have, then presumably you haven't got a full compliment of limbs and/or are writing this from the other side?

Reply to
RedOnRed

And for your information...

In Australia all products, including fertilisers containing greater than 45% ammonium nitrate have been designated as security sensitive ammonium nitrate (SSAN) and will be subject to regulation. SSAN includes calcium ammonium nitrate which is not classified as a dangerous good, and dangerous goods with UN numbers 1942, 2067, 2068, 2069, 2070, 2071, 2072, 3375 and 3139, where applicable.

Additionally... New polymer coating makes it harder for terrorists to use Ammonium nitrate as a bomb-making material.

Ammonium nitrate is a widely used fertiliser which has been used in several IRA attacks, the World Trade Center bombing in New York in 1993, the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 and the Bali bombing in 2002, amongst others. Millions of tonnes of ammonium nitrate are produced each year for use as a fertiliser. It can be turned into an explosive by mixing the chemical with fuel oil and, while it is not necessarily easy for would-be bombers to do this with fertiliser-grade ammonium nitrate, it is not impossible.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Fertiliser is not "likely to explode" - the landscape is not strewn with the remains of farmers and their machinery.

Sigh.

No, it is not.

Clue: in some industries explosives based on what you mention, with various admixtures, are used very widely.

I see that by the time you posted:

you had done a little research. However, it's a little more involved than just mixing up a bit of fertiliser and pouring some diesel oil or whatever on, fortunately. Do you maintain that your original "bomb" recipe has any chance whatever or working?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I suppose you believe that diesel on farms won't burn even though they store a lot of that too? Or perhaps a barn full of straw won't burn down?

Yes I do. Given the right balance of ingredients, including the right restricted fertiliser.

Reply to
RedOnRed

RedOnRed wrote, completely munging the attributions:

Nothing to do with applying fertiliser, is it.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Fairly easy as I recall from unofficial school research. Basically nitro-glycerine soaked sawdust. Nitro glycerine involves conc. nitric acid and glycerine. Gun cotton similar but easier.

Reply to
jacob

Sorry mate, no amount of acute smugness and arrogance in the form of shrugs and "erms" is going to make me change my mind.

I've demonstrated my point, why not demonstrate yours (smugness free if possible) if you're so confident.

Reply to
RedOnRed

That was a dismissive of ignorance, not an arrogant or smug .

Quite.

What "point" do you want demonstrating? Explain, if you like.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Many year s ago I remember seeing a video about quarrying. IIRC a substantial hole is bored from the top of the cliff downwards.

The hole is filled with bags of Ammonium Nitrate and Diesel is poured in after. A stick of commercial mining/quarrying explosive is shoved down the into the top of the mixture together with its detonator.

It may be that the fertiliser/deisel mixture can be detonated with just a detonator but I suspect that using a stick of makes the process more reliable. However I'd hazard a guess that just setting fire to it won't make it explode.

Now I'm reliably told that mining quarrying explosives are so stable that they can be burnt on a fire without exploding.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The hole is drilled at a particular angle/depth, as well as downwards! Think about shock waves and the shattering effects/depth of hole compared to depth of step.

It's generally mixed beforehand - various additions/physical characteristics are possible/useful.

Hence admixtures, etc.

If you've a great pile of the stuff, maybe.

Se latter statement. Sawdust/diesel is laid out in a herringbone fashion, with piles of explosive at the end of the "bones". Dimensions and quantities are given in procedures.

It's all quite fascinating, but of real use dictated by context.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I could give you the right mixture of fertiliser and fuel oil to make anfo. Fortunately the correct grade of fertiliser has not been available for near

35 years. I've seen the results of its use (different to dynamite/gelignite), but I don't want to see either again.
Reply to
<me9

In days of yore. Getting nitric acid of the required concentration is not trivial, nor is concentrating it.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

If you've got the relevant firearms and explosives licence then of course you would know where your local supplier was.

Reply to
Ian_m