Strange triangular security bit - any ideas what it may be called?

You could at least use this method to take an impression of the screw head, even if the resulting plastic tool wouldn't actually turn the screw.

When you say that a hex bit wont go down the hole, is that because of the bit holder, or won't a bit go down on its own. If a bit will go in and engage, you could grind a screwdriver slot in the other end, and use a regular screwdriver on it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I wonder how you know that?!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I usually have a chat with the cons when I am working on the wings.

Reply to
ARW

6.3mm hex won't go down the holes. They're about 5.5mm diameter.
Reply to
Chris Green

No angle grinder?

I suppose you could use one to shorten a plastic knitting needle if needed.......

Reply to
ARW

DIY endoscopy at it's best.

Reply to
ARW

He'll need an angle or a bench grinder to form the tri-lobe on the steel bar:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb