Jaguar XF 'Bonnet Open' fix

My god. I've heard people being quoted £400 to fix this Red Warning Message that stops you locking the car...

..shouldn't have slammed the bonnet so hard after filling up with screenwash. Took me a couple of hours to research this on the internet...

...and 30 seconds to fix.

LHS bonnet latch carries a microswitch that has to click when the bonnet closes.

The fix is to slacken two 10mm bolts and pull the passenger side latch assembly up a couple of mm.

And then tighten them.

Job done!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sounds a bit like a design fault. If they mounted it on a tight sprung bracket to absorb the shock then all would be well for a long time. Kind of reminds me of the rattle of the bonnet my Dad had on an old Consul Classic all those years ago. That seemed to have a latch that was easily moved due to slotted bracket holes. I think it started to move when the seals around the edges became harder with age., or was that softer. Long time ago now!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa