CO2 alarm - sensor out of date, battery backup in date.

Ei261ENRC Carbon Monoxide Alarm

I've just noticed that the sensor should have been changed in 2018. The whole unit is due for change in 2023 (I assume because the built in Li battery backup is out of date then). I can't source a like for like replacement because it is now obsolete.

Given that it is there because of the wood burner and Building Regs, and also that it has never sounded since we had it installed, how crucial is it to replace it before 2023?

Given the size of the room, the risk seems very low.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Dave Plowman (News

Possible get out for insurance company if they find out after an accident.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is it really worth faffing about for a year's extra life?

Put it this way: it's currently 4 years past the expiry date. Why do you think keeping it 5 years past the expiry date is going to be worth it? Having an in-date battery is not much help if the sensor is knackered.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

So you mean a CO alarm, not a CO2 alarm.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Bearing in mind that it might save your life, quit arsing about and get a new alarm!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

The only possible situation that can cause that alarm to go off is a blocked chimney in a stove with the doors open. How likely is that really? and go unnoticed?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So replace it. The suggested model is:

That rather depends on if a fat pidgin decides to fall down the chimney before then.

Low yes, but what exactly are you hoping to achieve by eeking out the existence of a possibly non working alarm for yet another year beyond its EOL?

Reply to
John Rumm