Storage heater problem

Hi,

I have an old (15 + Years) Dimplex XT-24 Series F storage heater and recently had to replace the heating elements (3 out of 4). The heater is now too hot! . It is triping out the safety cut out switch and the side gets dangerously hot to the touch.

I have been told that the bricks loose their ability to hold the heat over the years and should be replaced after 10 years or so. Would this be correct and be the reason that the heater is overheating as all the elements are working fully but the bricks are not holding the heat in?

Thanks, David.

Reply to
davidadwhite

It sounds to me as if the new elements have been wired straight across the supply rather than in series with the thermostat. Either that, or the stat contacts have welded together.

Reply to
Set Square

Hi Set Square,

The elements were a straight drop in replacement so they should be wired in OK. Might be a thermostat problem then.

Anybody have good information about the bricks?

Cheers, David

Reply to
davidadwhite