Stockists of Old Range Electrical Equipment

Just wonder if anybody knows of any electrical factors that tend to carry stocks of older equipment. I have a Crabtree consumer unit, fitted about 8 years ago, and want to fit two new circuits. Speaking to Crabtree, the current MCB's should fit but are not directly interchangable so it sounds like a bodge. What are the chances of getting Crabtree MCB's from obsolete stock? I am in Herts.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

Phone around electrical wholesalers in your area. Often you can find one which has stock on the shelf which has not been manufactured for 10 years. In the case of a chain, if you want a large enough quantity, they will sometimes go to the effort to rain in stock from other warehouses. I wanted a significant number of MK logic (not logic plus) double sockets a couple of years after MK stopped making them, and ERD were excellent at this, and managed to locate enough stock across all their warehouses.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not sure whether how appropriate it is to suggest ebay as a source for electrical kit, but worth looking maybe?

Eg:

(or ): this obviously isn't the item you want, but the sellet seems to have various obsolete Crabtree stuff so might be worth making contact?

Cheers David

Reply to
Lobster