Sticky pads

Advice sought: is it possible to buy industrial-strength "sticky fixers"?

Problem: fixing a PIR detector and a (fairly lightweight) light to the facia of a PVC porch. I don't want to drill the porch, so I'm planning on using sticky pads, hopefully much larger, and possibly stickier, than Sellotape's "Sticky Fixers".

I realise of course that I could go a-googling, but asking this kind of question here usually garners _experience_ as well as good ideas!

TIA for any opinions,

John

Reply to
Another John

I have an idea they are sold for fixing mirrors to car windscreens.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

In message , Tim W writes

Do these need daylight or UV to cure? Or are they just very sticky? [I once used one to re-stick a windscreen mirror, but I can't remember what the instructions said.]

Reply to
Ian Jackson

The only flavour of them that I've ever had success with is the Loctite

2-part sort. A glue in a tube and a mesh with catalyst in it. They've worked 100% for me.
Reply to
Skipweasel

This stuff doesn't...

has a catalyst in the mesh that comes with it.

Reply to
Skipweasel

In message , Skipweasel writes

The customer reviews are interesting. Do read!!!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Somewhat mixed!

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

I wonder how many of those who didn't like it actually used the mesh bit. I've used it a fair few times (used to run a fleet of minibuses with heavy-handed volunteer drivers) and it worked fine. I never had to do the same mirror twice.

Reply to
Skipweasel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian Jackson saying something like:

I suspect the failures were caused by numptyness and failure to clean the glass properly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon