Sticking floorboard to blocks

In reassembling the floor around my new hearth, I have to stick a strip of board on top of the edge of a blockwork sub-hearth. In stock I have a tube of Evo-Grip solvent based grabby stuff. Obviously I've used the stuff before, but not in this application. My question is, should I seal the block in some way before using this, or will it work better on a porous surface?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Most grab adhesives rely on at least one surface being prrous.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks Dave. As it happened I didn't seal the block surface, and it seems to have grabbed pretty well. Time will tell.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster