Stick welding revelation

Bosch pro is normally blue...

My AG looks like:

John Rumm

I got one of these and it is the most amazing thing since sliced bread,

it is tiny, weighs almost nothing and welds up to 3.2 electrodes with ease I was in the electrical game and back in the day of transformers none of us would have believed it possible what this little inverter does,dc is easier to weld with. I also have a bigger MIG with optional stick leads.Could carry it anywhere, up a pole hanging off your belt if you wished.

Reply to
F Murtz

What sort of duty cycle OOI?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It would be interesting to know how many amps it really delivers. There are youtube videos showing that some of the Chinese stuff doesn't meet the claims.

But welding 3.2 is impressive. My Lidl cheapy (£75 or so) won't go beyond 2. Or at least, not for me :-).

I agree that they are amazing, though.

Reply to
newshound

The link contains a spec which says 60%.

Reply to
Fredxx

transformers

inverter

60% according to the page... and less than £40 from China (+ shipping, tax?). Only comes with matching connectors, no cables/clamps etc.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

(Still) works fine here Jimmy, best ask a grown-up to help you?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yeah, I saw that ... and where it was from so I was interested in the real world value. ;-)

Also, does '60%', even if valid, give you any idea of how long you can weld for before it might thermally trip? 6 minutes on, 4 minutes off ... 60 seconds on, 40 seconds off?

And if it's 60 seconds at 20A ... ? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I use 2.4 rods and it seems to go forever,I don't build ships with continuous long welds and I do not suppose it would be suitable,but workshop or field work of weld a bit get another bit of metal and weld a bit more it works easily.

Reply to
F Murtz

I used the stick lead from my bigger MIG And made an earth from an old jumper lead I had,but you can buy a set of small light leads from bangood fairly cheap.

Reply to
F Murtz

I still use CO2 as I can fill cylinder with dry ice pellets for AU$5.00 per kilo

Reply to
F Murtz

You can get rods here called satincraft which are easy for beginners

Reply to
F Murtz