Neighbour

Can my next door neighbour install a balanced flue outlet where it will protrude into my driveway?

Reply to
JohnP

Jimk wrote in news:FuudnZTnvqc397zCnZ2dnUU78a- snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Thanks - currently they have a flue to a ridge tile. I think that type is a bit limited now as the fire will be gets is air from the room.

Reply to
JohnP

If a modern boiler, no larger than a drainpipe. And can be extended upwards so any plume doesn't annoy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And when John wants to park a large box van on his drive?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Where is the actual boundary ?. Check you land registry entry for the T-marks. If his external wall is the boundary then he cannot do this, but if he has a strip of land, even if it is only 6 to 9 inches to allow for overhang at roof level, then its more tricky.

Is this balanced flue output below 2 metres from the ground ?. If so it needs a 'basket' to comply with Part J. If one wasn't fitted then the installation was possibly not done by a 'Corgi'. Is it a Gazco fire or a condensing boiler, replacing something like a Baxi back boiler ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Does the requirement to fit a cage around the terminal if less than ?2 metres above ground still apply to a condensing flue ?

Where does the condensate go ?.

This might be a Gazco balanced flue gas fire, if so the external diameter of the flue will be 6 inches, not the

4 inches that is typical for a modern condensing boiler.

Gazco make a gas fire behind glass, that is inset into the cavity wall, and has a short stubby balanced flue projecting out the back. This cannot be redirected with a flue extension unlike their other gas fires that look like free standing wood burners.

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew wrote in news:rfrtas$17qd$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

His wall is the boundary - I park very close to it - to allow room to walk past the other side of my car. So far no mention.

Reply to
JohnP

How far above ground level is the new terminal ?

Reply to
Andrew

Is there any scope for retaliation on his part, before you fire the first shots in a neighbour dispute?

Reply to
Scott

If your neighbour were to beg to differ the question might become what evidence you have to support the wall being the boundary. The fact that you park close to it doesn't mean you own the land you park on.

Robin reply-to address is (intended to be) valid

Reply to
Robin

My neighbour has just done something just like that on the drive that a number of us share. The penetration is at about 2 metres but the extension goes up another 1.5 metres or so.

Reply to
newshound

he can have a certain amount of openings on the boundary but not a flue.....

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

I'd not imagine so, as apart from the legality, it is probably only a matter of time till something hits it, assuming its at ground level. I know that down the road from me there is a public right of way between a house and some common land, and they put in a flu in the side wall and the council made them fit a right angle device and mount it higher up as it was at head height as you walked down the path. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

harry

If the distance a modern flue take up makes that difficult, hope he's a very careful driver. And if it did, surely his van would block the driveway? If wide enough for two cars or vans side by side, same applies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)