Stepladder Hinge Repair or Replacement: Update

Took delivery of the new 9 step stepladders and just the job they are ,solid and sturdy . I removed the hinges from the current wooden steps and "sorted" the rivet that both halves pivot on ( just hammered up tighter..only one as the other was ok) I also replaced the pins and star washers holding the hinges to the steps and replaced them with M4 bolts and locknuts+washers and checked the nails holding the steps which are rebated in to the sides .I'd have preferred M4 washers with a larger diameter but didn't see any at the time . Result is they are much sturdier now and gives confidence when using them . I'm probably going to keep them meantime as they'll be useful when I don't need the taller ones . See pic...still to shorten the bolts . Old

NOSPAMnet