Steam stripper

Management has decided that she wants the kitchen tiles replaced. Following recent advice on here I'll be purchasing a steam wallpaper stripper to remove the adhesive left on the walls!!

Argos have one -

at £29.99 - that includes additional tools and claims to be 'ideal for use on carpets, upholstery, windows, tiles and kitchen work tops'. Anyone got any experience of this stripper? Do the additional tools actually work or are they a useless incentive to buy?

TIA

Cheaper in Wickes:

£22.99 Doesn't include as many tools, but I've only ever needed the the large steam plate.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've got an Earlex jobbie that came with a roughly A4 sized plate and a smaller one about 4 x 6". The smaller one is handy for getting into places that the bigger one won't. Can't say we;ve used it for anything other than stripping wall paper despite all the proclaimed cleaning uses.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think the Wickes one maybe a relabelled Earlex. It's currently loaned out to my brother, so I can't check it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

This is the one I have:

the job and looking at the spec of the other steamy strippers has a bigger heater (2.3kW v 2.0kW), it also has castors so follows you about the room without tipping or snaging.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It was the 'added value' offered by the Argos machine's tools that interested me. But I'd like to know that they really worked. If they don't then the Earlex (Wickes) seems to be the one.

I've got this one

?division=hw&ccat_id=9632&prod_id=6165 which was £30 from B&Q or Focus (can't remember which now) is seems to do the job. Comes with the Bosch name, which usually gives some comfort to its adequacy for the job.

Reply to
Piers James