Cam lock fasteners

from Screwfix like this

anyone know what diameter holes I need for this - both for the cam and for the dowel?

Reply to
dcbwhaley

==================== These are actual measurements taken from some I have left over and the part numbers tally with those in the Screwfix catalogue.

The cams are 14.5mm diameter x 12mm deep (for 15mm boards) and 14.5mm diameter x

13.5mm deep (for 18mm boards).

The description of the dowels is a bit confusing.

The lengths given in the Screwfix catalogue (24mm / 34mm ) are the measurements from the ball end of the dowel to the bottom shoulder where the plain part of the dowel meets the threaded part. The threaded part is 10mm long for both dowel sizes, so the overall lengths are actually 34mm and 44mm.

The largest diameter of the dowels (the plain part) is 7mm BUT the threaded part is 6mm *measured on the outside of the thread* so the threaded part will need a hole about 4.5mm diameter.

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 452 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero