Star wars?

Harry, this is not new indeed as many articles have been written on this I do not intend to go on at length about it. Lets just say that one needs to be careful. The Chinese satellite being shot down, well not actually down, and that is the issue here. If space warfare does occur it will make space truly unusable due to the debris it creates as with that stupid impact of two craft. It already happens by accident with other orbiting items and every week the ISS has to be moved slightly to avoid known debris already. Real what should be being done is a design for a space cleaner, a kind of celestial hoover to get rid of the junk. I do not think you need a force of any kind. The Perforce has been flying a small space shuttle craft for some years in semi secrecy. It can be manned but thus far has not been. No I think this is all bluster and more grandstanding to try to take the heat off about immigration and other stupid knee jerk c*ck ups this idiot Trump has been guilty of. I bet the democrats are just going to love it all as when the next election comes along if they can field a sensible person they are almost guaranteed to win. I suggest Kermit the Frog. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They are working on designs for cleaning up space. There is a test satellite a the moment "RemoveDEBRIS.". It actually has it's own targets for testing a couple of techniques (harpoon and net - rather Roman Gladiatorish!) and will deploy a "sail" to bring itself and its captured targets down.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Certainly a lot more sensible than that war mongering[1], in bed with BIG businesses Hilary.

Mind you the septics had a no win choice,Trump or Hilary.

Seems a pretty F***ed up system where the ONLY choice was between two people over seventy one seemingly as right wing as they come, and one a self-serving money grabber.

[1] For extra credit discuss how how the USA would have been at war with Russia by now if Hilary had won.
Reply to
soup

Nah use a Dyson ;-)

There is such a thing testing a harpoon and a net, the trouble is it's the small tiny bits that can be a bigger problem being difficult to avoid. A crack in the ISSwas caused by a fleck of paint according o the video below.

whisky-dave