Stainless steel pillars

We need about 12 little stainless pillars. Made from 30mm round, each is 25mm long and they have a blind M8 hole tapped in the centre of the base. What sort of workshop would this be suited to ? The all bells and whistles, laser cutting, plasma welding big boys would probably charge a fortune. So how do I Google for them ? Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Local model engineering club...Would be easy for them with a small lathe etc

We need about 12 little stainless pillars. Made from 30mm round, each is 25mm long and they have a blind M8 hole tapped in the centre of the base. What sort of workshop would this be suited to ? The all bells and whistles, laser cutting, plasma welding big boys would probably charge a fortune. So how do I Google for them ? Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Londonman

Where in the UK are you?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

That sounds similar to legs for a glass topped table etc of some sort. It would obviously be cheaper getting ready made ones and cut them to length.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Any light engineering workshop.

They would also be quite unnecessary for such a job. You only need someone with a lathe.

Visit a few local industrial estates instead.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Other thought if you do have to have them made, try a car exhaust place that makes SS systems on the premises. 30mm tube is a stock size and they'll have TIG welding, and the ability to polish the end result.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)