Spray Or Roller?

Have just bought a new house which needs painting top to bottom. Ou

furniture goes in tomorrow, should I be thinking of painting it with professional spray gun system or knuckle down and use a roller

-- kittykitty

Reply to
kittykitty

Have just bought a new house which needs painting top to bottom. Ou

furniture goes in tomorrow. My question is should I rent a professiona spray gun system, or knuckle down and roller it

-- kittykitty

Reply to
kittykitty

Hmmmm...

I've always wondered why more people don't use spray guns but then I think about all the masking, which would have to be done painstakingly well unless you fancy spending even more time cleaning off overspray, and the cleaning of the thing itself when a colour change is required. Nah, buy a bunch of rollers and trays.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

If you are inexperienced with the spray-gun system you will be on a very steep curve. What lets them down worst is clogged guns.

A few hours with a roller will do a room top to bottom. Keep it fully loaded and set yourself targets and small rewards. Do all the cutting in around the ceiling and the skirting boards say, in 2 or 3 hours and have a cup of tea and a butty.

If you are not that quick, break that down to something more manageable. You will soon get into the swing of it. It's like everything else with a trick to it. Once you get the hang of it and get stuck in, the time you take will vanish in a flash.

The trick is to keep a surge of paint rolling up in front of the roller. When that is gone, reload.

Then do the ceiling and a wall or two in a couple of hours and have another cuppa. Then finish that room. You only have the windows and door to do. Either start another room or do the woodwork to finish the day then out for a pint.

If you and your wife are doing it together, take more time to get a system going and you will knock a lot more off the next day.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil