Power roller

I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat. Any help with either ? Frank

Reply to
Ktech

I did a lot of painting last year with a Wagner power roller. Although some people dislike power rollers, I wouldn't consider using a regular hand roller after my experience:

1) After doing one ceiling, I discovered that I didn't have to bother to lay tarps/plastic sheets down - the power roller's guard prevented drips and spray. End result of painting the ceilings and walls in the living room, dining room, kitchen, and entry hallway ...no drips, none, nil, nada, zip.

2) Painting is very fast with the roller. On the other hand, clean-up takes longer than when using a hand roller.

3) When doing my cathedral ceilings, I had to use a system of ladders. With the power roller, I just went from ladder to ladder and didn't have to mess with moving a tray and risking spillage.

Jean

Reply to
Jean

"Ktech" wrote I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat. Any help with either ? == I love my power roller--especially great for ceilings. It is very fast, no ladder needed, no drips. Wouldn't use anything else.

Reply to
Gini

I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat. Any help with either ? Frank

Reply to
Bob

After doing some internet research, I chose Wagner. My brother also has a Wagner unit. Both of us have been happy with our choices.

Reply to
Jean

"Bob" wrote Any recommendation as far as best brand to buy? == Mine's a Wagner. == == "Ktech" wrote I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat. Any help with either ? Frank

Reply to
Gini

Glidden makes the "goes on pink, dries white" ceiling paint...but in my experience a really good ceiling paint - like Behr - is so white compared to the old ceiling, you won't have any problem knowing where you've painted or whether you missed a spot. I figure if the paint ain't white enough to tell the difference, you've got the wrong paint. Just my opinion.

Reply to
curmudgeon