Spiky burglar deterrent on top of gate - legal?

Tell that to this chap ;o)

Peanut

Yes, you need to pat them all over with a baseball bat.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Tusky Fields, near Knostrop Hall?

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Possibly, but being a Goth (she doesn't care what anyone thinks) in a school full of Chavs, doing TieQuanDo comes in handy ;-)

When you knock on someones door and run away .. all very funny and that because it makes the dog bark, that wakes the baby and you end up having to stay up late trying to get it to sleep again making it difficult at work the next day.

When they do it the next night you can just happen to be walking out of your back gate carryling a ladder as they run face first into it ... "Oh, Im sorry lads .. I'm not with it today .. feel a bit tired, didn't get much sleep last night ... "

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Wordsworth & Homer refer to "tusky boars", Knostrop Hall is in Leeds, and Barry Tubb has references to both...but I'm missing something here!

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Tusky is rhubarb.

I suspect it is - or was - grown at Knostrop. That's part of the rhubarb triangle. Spouse lived near Pontefract Lane in Leeds.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hmm. The nearest the local lads did to that in our street was tying two door knobs together and knocking on both and running away.

Allegedly. I reckon that there were urban myths even in the 1940s but it all seemed very exciting to me (who was kept in on Mischief Night). I always wanted to join a Gang :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

TVM! Learn something new every day...

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

"Rhubarb Triangle" ... Is that were all the custard mysteriously disappears?

Spouse lived near Pontefract Lane in Leeds.

Near the "Liquorice circle' .. ?

T i m ;-)

Reply to
T i m

A Policeman was visiting a house after it had been burgled (for the nth time) and the householder said ..

"I'm going to get a baseball bat ready for next time"

Policeman "You should get a rounders bat .. they are easier to swing in confined spaces ... "

T i m

Reply to
T i m

A moment of pleasure I remember as a Schoolchild was when the Head teacher of my primary school summoned me to his desk. He had turned out some cupboards and found a school punishment register from the twenties. In it was the name of my Father who had six slaps on the hand with a ruler. The act for which he was being punished was "for throwing a Snowball with a Stone in it,and breaking Mabels glasses".

Confronted with this evidence that he was a less than perfect child my father claimed he had been mistaken for his brother. Still does.

G.Harman

Reply to
g.harman

We put oss muck on ours ...

No, that was - sadly WAS - Pontefract. Pontefract Lane in Leeds is a long way from Ponte.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I thought he was an only child ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

????? Sorry .You have lost me there.

G.Harman

Reply to
g.harman

I think it must have been a wry joke. It's lost me too now, but I'm sober at this time of day.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

When they say 'Trick or treat?' I usually say 'I'll have a treat please.' The confusion is wonderful to behold...

Can't have been much of a session last night, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll try to remember that :-)

But I don't suppose I shall :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Kewl .. I'll try that next time .. just before I hit them with the water cannon ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m