FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent

Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is home without using a lot of power and wearing out your TV. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

We have had one of those for several years and they work great. In fact, sometimes when we tell people where we were last week they say whomever was watching the house was also watching TeeVee.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

I should have posted the manufacturer's site. There is a new improved model now. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Does it work inside a school bus?

Reply to
House Man

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?

Reply to
harry

On Sunday 10 March 2013 06:44 The Daring Dufas wrote in alt.home.repair:

That's a really neat idea! Think I might get one...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Only if you live in one as some people do. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It is indeed a fantastic idea, something so incredibly basic and simple it leads us to wonder why we didn't come up with the idea ourselves! Well priced, too.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily full-quoting:

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of all US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this sort of crime?

Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an increase in home burglary?

Reply to
House Man

If there are guns in 50% of the homes and only 2% are broken into, what's the "in spite of" that you're talking about?

Do you believe that guns emit some sort of mystic aura that either repels or attacts criminals?

Otherwise, what's your point?

Reply to
Bert

If the new model is actually three (3) times brighter it is simply too bright in my opinion. Ours is set approximately twenty-five (25) feet from the windows and from the outside it looks exactly like a TeeVee is on.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

House Man wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Driver.com:

A gun will only stop a burglar if the owner is home to use it. Burglars are cowards that break in when there is nobody home to stop them.

Firearms are just one the the things they can take to sell for quick cash along with jewelry and electronics. If they just wanted a gun to pull off a robbery they could more easily get it from one of their criminal friends.

Reply to
Jeff

Don't you know about "Gun Cooties"? o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Have you noticed how big TV's have become? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yeah, I sure have. In fact we are seriously considering moving up to a

22" from our current 13".

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

We have a older 56" Sony rear projection TV I need to repair that was wonderful when it worked. I own a pair of 22" computer monitors that I use to work with and watch movies. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I have a 42" screen I use for everything.

Reply to
harry

Oh my God! Yours is bigger than mine. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So, how many burglaries have you experienced Duf? I don't even know anyone who has been burgled.

Reply to
harry

I darn near killed a burglar with my bare hands after I came upon him in my office/warehouse when he made the mistake of throwing a brick at my face which I dodged then stomped him until he quit twitching. I thought the vermin was dead but he came to when I started to drag his corpse out to my truck to find a distant dumpster to deposit it in. It shook me up that I almost killed a man by reflex so I bought a big pepper spray canister and started bathing burglars and trespassers with it after that. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas