Fake TV burglar deterrent

http://www.faketv.com/
Why not just leave the real TV on?
--
If you refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to liquor, you may be a Muslim.

Real TV uses more electricity Real TV will wear out quicker (eg CCFL backlight)
Lidl were selling them for £7.99
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

I see. But a real TV amuses the cat/dog/parrot more.
-- "Dear IRS: I would like to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list." -- Joe Cocker

I see. But a real TV amuses the cat/dog/parrot more.
So that is where Channel 5 gets it viewing figure from?
--
Adam

Viewing figures are from surveys and aren't actually real. They're extrapolated. They can't tell what channel you have on. Except for Sky if you're dumb enough to connect the phone line like it tells you to.
-- What is the difference between a battery and a woman? A battery has a positive side.

Just a second. I don't know about your house, but most houses I see you can actually see the TV screen or a reflection of it. A fake TV doesn't make a picture.
-- What is the difference between a battery and a woman? A battery has a positive side.
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

How?when many tvs are in rooms with no windows or have thick curtains. my tvs face away from the windows with nothing to reflect a picture.

uk>

om>

you

n't

That is unusual.
-- I got invited to a party and was told to dress to kill. Apparently a turban, beard and a backpack wasn't what they had in mind.
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

May be for you, but I used to do a bit of handymaning and have seen many houses and units and it is not at all unusual.

te:

o.uk>

.com>

e you

esn't

s.

ny

A lot of houses might have it in the corner on the window side, but you can still see it from the front door. And if not at the front door, there's almost always a painting on the wall with a glass cover to reflect it.
-- With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. -- Steven Weinberg
On 19/02/15 19:32, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

£££££
Boom
etc

More like .

Maybe when they had valves.

Like?
-- The first Harley Davidson motorcycle built in 1903 used a tomato can for a carburetor.
On 19/02/2015 20:28, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

Although it was generally the wax coated capacitors that dripped flaming wax onto the carpet. My uncles early colour TV went up that way in the late 60's. He built his own monochrome set which still worked!
The EHT valve on early colour TVs emitted Xrays and had lead shielding to protect the engineers and lead glass to protect the viewer.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

ng

I though ALL CRTs had lead shielding, and it was x-rays from the electron beam.
-- My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our local pet shop and they were 70! Blow this, I thought, I can get one cheaper off the web.

I though ALL CRTs had lead shielding, and it was x-rays from the electron beam.
I thought it was the electron beam striking the shadow mask that emitted Xrays.

You're wrong.

It wasn’t only that with the earliest ones which had valves in the production of the high voltage for the tube.
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 07:25:03 +0000, harryagain wrote:

I remember Mullard making two versions of certain valves, one with X-ray shielding (lead glass?) and one without.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:31:53 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

Looks like my memory wasn't quite accurate. I think the two rectifiers were the DY86 and DY87, the difference being a chemical treatment on the bulb to reduce flashover.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

ing

ron

ed

So did I, which means lead round the edge wouldn't help?
-- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:59:03 +0000, Martin Brown

I never saw lead shielding, only a large mild steel enclosure.
I imagine the glass envelopes are lead glass as you say.
I have a GY501 and a PD510 in a box somewhere in the garage.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%