Spencer stove

I have a Spencer stove. It says 'Spencer' on the front, has 2 doors
with several glass strips making up the windows in each of the doors.
At the rear are 2 air controls. One is manual and the other seems to
be thermostatically controlled. On the right is a rocker control that
jiggles the grate when activated.
My problem is that the doors won't seal shut. There seems to be
nothing for the tongue of the latch to locate in.
I would love to get this up and running and learn more about it. If
anyone has any knowledge of these stoves I would appreciate hearing
from them.
Thanks
Mike
Reply to