Drop in stove installation question

I've done all the research I can but with my limited knowledge of this type of installation, I'm hoping I can get some feedback before I make a purchase.

I am replacing a very old drop in stove and I could cut out the counters to make a total width opening of 29 3/4". I would like to fit a 30" stove in this space. I've noticed on most of the specs of these stoves they say they are 30" but some will say minimum opening is

29 15/16 or 30" with a plus/minus of 1/16. It seems like they are leaving some wiggle room. I would hate to short change myself and get a 27" stove. I would really like to get a 30" and take advange of a flat radiant cooking surface. None of the 27" offer a flat cooking surface; just old fashion coils. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. thanks in advance.
Reply to
mcdeigo

Most appliances have a little wiggle factor in them. The appliance will be dead on, but chances are the cabinet openings cut on the job side will vary

1/16 or so. There is a lip around to cover a tiny gap. If you make it a real 30", it will be OK. If you go under, it will be a PITA to slide it in and out or may not fit at all.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

None of the 27" offer a flat cooking

Are you going back to drop in or taking the kick plate off and going to slide in? I'd go to a place that has a lot of them on display and go over them with a tape measure and maybe a digital camera. In any case make sure your opening is pretty square, when it is that tight you can't be off square. Are you sure you want the radiant top? Folks I know who have those have had cracks multiple times, and in my experience they are slower to heat and cool. They look cool, but I really prefer the old fashioned coils. They are cheaper and easier to maintain.

Reply to
Eric in North TX