Speeding fine avoided

I received a letter from West Yorks plod today which stated that I was clocked at 61mph in a 50mph zone on the M606 the other day.

I sent it back with my wife's name on it!

Not me, guv.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Hm

I avoided getting a speeding fine today

I stayed in all day and left the car in its parking space

tim

Reply to
tim...

The last time I heard this the guy was taken to court and lost.

Now if you could prove your plate was cloned of course... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

For someone who isn?t exactly anonymous on the internet due to previous propensity to show off ,seek attention,boast about job they thought they were a dead to to be chosen for and end up in local news media in a botched attempt to kill themselves stating that in public seems yet another stupid thing to do. So more likely to be another attempt at attention seeking. After all the local press may follow up a tip of ? former cycling enthusiast who became Suicidal admits lying on speeding charge, let alone West Yorkshire Police. So you are probably lying.

GH

Reply to
Marland

A guy from another part of London was moaning earlier today as he had at some expense got a disabled bay outside his house to help him with his wife when he had to take her out. So he pops out in the car to get some groceries, comes back and SGN Southern Gas Networks to you has dumped a large container in his bay and has started to do the mains upgrade with that sexy yellow pipe. Of course when he talks to the gas lot, they say the council gave permission, the council say he needs to take it up with the gas people. Its going to be there for 2 weeks.

In my view, this left hand right hand nobody wants to own a problem way of working is getting far too common these days. On paper its a no brainer, the council should tell the gas boys to shift it, but by the time the admin clanks into gear writing letters etc, then its probably far too late. Since there is no legal status of say, causing an obstruction for a discretionary disabled bay, then they cannot even fine the company, as they can if, for example the road works caused pedestrians to be at risk. It is the lip service to caring about disabled people that irks me, and you see it everywhere these days. Parking for disabled used by delivery drivers, Hospital not honouring blue badges unless told 48 hours before the visit what the car number is. Rubbish collection companies leaving wheelie bins strewn far and wide so the blind find it hard to walk down the road.A boards and tables and chairs all over the footways in shopping areas forcing pedestrians into the road. It goes on and on. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They should contact the papers. A bit of bad publicity can work wonders.

I can understand that, there is often nowehre nearby suitable for a van or lorry, they have only limited time to drop off or collect and they have goods to carry in or out. They need, for a short period, to stop very close by.

That's crazy. My M-I-L had a blue badge and if she needed a lift to the hospital, there'd be no guarantee whether it'd be by my wife in her car, my wife's sister in her car, me in my car or my B-I-L in his car. If I was the one doing it, I might well phone my wife only an hour before the appointment, to tell her that she'd have to do it instead, as I had a meeting overrunning. If it was my wife, she might phone me saying that she was running late seeing her patients and I'd have to do it.

Yes. That happens all the time here. Additionally we have a care home and two primary schools at the end of our road, so there are many carers taking residents out in wheelchairs and parents with younger siblings in pushcharirs who cannot get by easily.

Normally it is the case that such things are actually on the shop's land and it is not legally part of the footway, which starts further out. They do have the right to use their land for their business and preventing them could badly impact some businesses.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

He hasn't actually said that he was driving. His statement to the police could be 100% correct.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

My Missus drove to Keighley to look after the grandkids as I stayed at home to look after the cats. So I wasn't driving - simple reason.

Reply to
swldxer1958

No blue badge, but a chemo parking permit. I asked the parking police if I could park in a disabled bay. He said it was a "gray area" and that I could appeal if I got a ticket. I later pointed out that there was a big sign in the chemo waiting room stating that patients with the permit could park in disabled bays. I was told that this was also a "gray area". I pushed the question. Got an apology and the sign was removed. The blue badge arrived too late, far too late. Preston Royal Hospital, Lancashire. The staff were magnificent, the parking police did not know what they were doing.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

the point is, your title is wrong

the speeding fine hasn't been avoided

It is, and always was, someone else's responsibility

tim

Reply to
tim...

The letter is issued to the registered owner which is me, but I was not driving, so I sent it back with someone else's name on it. I have avoided the fine.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Right, so nothing avoided by you.

Your wife might disagree.

Reply to
Fredxx

Me too, the bus I get manages to hit 30 MPH on the odd occasion but not on the roads where the new 20 MPH signs are. at least I don't have to worry about jet lag.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Like the Magistrate is going to believe that you stayed at home to look after the cats. I don't believe you and it looks like nobody else here believes you. Just take it on the chin, like a man. But hang on, - you are a cyclist - not a man.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 6:46:48 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote: My Missus drove to Keighley to look after the grandkids as I stayed

There will be a photograph that shows a female at the wheel, not me as I was at home at the time. If I took the points instead of my wife, I could go to jail - see peverting the course of justice, Chris Huhne.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Nope. The parking police apologised and told me that the sign should not have been there. They did not know it was there. If you have ever been in a chemo waiting room whilst your wife was waiting for treatment, you may understand that getting a parking ticket and having to appeal just adds to the unpleasant experience.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

There are about 6 or 7 of these silly things in the roads immediately near to me, and most of the people who originally requested them have either moved on or died, yet there is no mechanism for removing them.

They should be marked with the reg no and an expiry date after which they must be renewed or removed.

Anyone can park in them anyway, they have no legal basis at all.

Reply to
Andrew

Fucking Hell!!!!!!!

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

The same thing has happened to me twice before when my wife has been done for speeding and I got the letter. She obviously was in the photo and she took the points. I paid the fine though, but as she has carer's allowance now, she can pay up.

Reply to
swldxer1958

If his wife accepts the penalty, in the absence of being dobbed in by someone the Mags will never even look at this

tim

Reply to
tim...